Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hats off to Ascot 2012!


As fun as the racing is at Royal Ascot, I have to admit that a great part of the fun is "hat watching." This year was particularly challenging for all of us sporting a "chapeau" because the winds were whipping in a frenzy, and everyone, including the queen, was seen holding on to their hats for fear of them rolling away.


A
To photograph hats on women who are on the move, and be discreet at the same time, is a bit challenging, but I knew you would want a peek of some things I saw. I caught quite a few from the back, but you get the general idea.
So here we go, I'm labeling each photo with a letter so you can tell me your favorite.



B
Lots of details on this one that I love.


C
A regal color.


D
Lots of loops!


E
This gal I shot from the back, but she was so gracious and turned around so we could all see the front as well.


E
Cute, right?


F
More views from the front.
Shading the sun never hurts.


G
Need a lot of overhead clearance for this one.


H
Snappy!


I
Catching a few from the side...


J


K
Spikey!


L
Like a flying saucer.


M
There seemed to be a popular recurring motif this year--


N
Are you beginning to see?


O
Feathers in all shapes, 


P
colors,


Q
and sizes.


R
I was attracted to both of these


S
but not so sure when I caught a view of the one on the right from the front? What do you think?


T
We got excited for a moment when we spotted this gal in the Royal Ring. Could it be Kate Middleton with such a cute dress and blossoming headpiece?


T
Not to be, but interesting nonetheless.

So now it's time to hear from you. I loved hearing from you last year and seeing which ones were your favorites.
What's your pick this year?

7 comments:

  1. OK I like E and the way it matches her outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Letter I is really unique but I agree with SueB on E. She looks so coordinated with her bright yellow and black. Her cheerful smile helps, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like B because she even styled her hair with flowers to match her hat, that took some pre-planning! I always wonder which came first...the hat or the outfit? Great pictures this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I loved yours the best. I scrolled down and caught the post before this and yours is beautiful and so are you.
    But besides yours maybe the two in the letter Q.
    lol
    Hard decision but what fun you must of had.
    Just love this post
    and you
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like a more practical hat like the two in letter F. The others seemed ridiculous and some even hysterical. But I did like your hat, too. Good choice! :) Sue

    ReplyDelete