Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Celebrity Lullaby

I love it when my Texas world and my London world intersect. I'm starting to grow quite fond of Ricky Gervais these days. How can I describe him?  An English comedian, actor and film-maker who starred in the original version of The Office here in London, and is the executive producer of the US version. Maybe you've seen him on Letterman or hosting the Golden Globes this year. But did you know he is also a singer? Indeed, he was part of a pop duo in the 80's called Seona Dancing who was signed by London Records. Little known fact, I bet, but I'm wondering if you heard his US singing debut recently?

Now here's where the Texas part comes in. My granddaughter loves and adores Elmo. And when Elmo has trouble going to sleep at night, he sometimes gets a celebrity lullaby to carry him off to dream-land. Take a look at this clip of Ricky and Elmo--it really cranks up about half way through. Click once to view on the blog, or twice to view on You Tube full screen.

This one's for you Jordan!



3 comments:

  1. yes, I do like Ricky Gervais and I so enjoy watching The Office (US version) and hope to be able to catch a DVD sometime of the UK version. I saw him in Ghostown (?) with Tea Leoni, and Greg Kinnear and liked the movie more than I thought I would. THe Elmo sketch is adorable thanks for sharing. And CONGRATS on your double award. You truly have a informative, delightful, and thoughtful blog...very award worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little Sesame Street clip is very funny! I also like all your observations of London in the earlier post. It is spot on! I have a bit more time to visit blogs and make comments now when the BYW course is over.
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, Jordan can't wait to watch this with her Gigi. Are you ready for a Wiggles break?

    ReplyDelete